Community Learning Disabilities Team
Brief Description of Specialty & Service Offered
Specialist Health Team for adults with learning disabilities, working jointly with Social Work Services.
Team Includes: Team Co-ordinator, Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Psychologist, Psychology Assistant, Community Learning Disability Nurses, Physiotherapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Dietician, Occupational Therapist, Chiropodist and Administration staff.
Brief Description of Aims & Objectives
- To provide a specialised health service for adults with learning disabilities within the Inverclyde area, including assessment, treatment, support and advice and training .
- To facilitate access to appropriate primary care and acute services.
- To work jointly with social work services.
How to Access Services
The team have an open referral system. Contact the team on 01475 499053 for a referral form and any help and advice.
Details of Clinics/Services & Contact Details
Inverclyde Community Learning Disability Team (CLDT)
128 Cathcart Street
Tel. 01475 499053
Definition of a Learning Disability
- I.Q. of below 70
- Acquired before the age of 18
- Deficit of functional skills