Asylum Health Bridging Team
• Team consists of 3 General Nurses, 1 Community Psychiatric Nurse, 2 Health Care Assistants, a Team Secretary and Nurse Team Leader.
The Asylum & Refugee Health Co-ordinator is also part of the team and supports the GP allocation process.
• The team offer an initial health assessment for all newly arrived asylum seekers.
• The team aim to identify immediate health needs and facilitate medical attention if required.
• The nurses support access to GP and mainstream health services once dispersed from the initial accommodation to housing across the city.
• A drop in advice and support nurse clinic operates on a daily basis.
Contact details from 23rd February 2015: Asylum Health Bridging Team, 55 Hunter Street, Glasgow G4 0UP (Tel: 0141-553 2854; Fax: 0141-553 2863; email GG-UHB.AsylumBridgingTeam@nhs.net).